MakeMusic Finale 25.4 | 6.9 Gb
MakeMusic, Inc., a world leader in music technology, has released an update to MakeMusic Finale version 25, the acclaimed music notation software. This is part of our previously mentioned plan to frequently release modest-sized updates. The idea is to share improvements as they are made rather than saving them up in large batches.
Finale is the world-wide industry standard in music notation software. Anywhere music appears on the printed page, Finale likely created those pages. Finale helps the choir to sing, the band to march, the students to learn, and the orchestra to raise the excitement level in the latest blockbuster movie.
Part of what sets Finale apart is its unique ability to create anything on the printed page. Where other software offers paint-by-numbers solutions, Finale offers complete freedom and flexibility. As a result, musicians around the world rely on Finale to create, edit, audition, print, and publish the widest variety of musical scores.
Finale also offers breathtakingly realistic music playback, and more ways to share music with others.
Today’s Finale represents the latest evolution in music notation software, making Finale’s signature freedom and flexibility easy for everyone to use.
Features added in MakeMusic Finale version 25 include:
– 64bit support – This support prepares Finale for future operating systems, gives users more stable performance, and provides full compatibility with 64bit sound libraries.
– Greatly expanded playback – The library of premium Garritan sounds included with Finale has been augmented with more than 100 new additions, including a stunning Concert D grand piano from the award winning Personal Orchestra 5.
– New ARIA Player – An improved interface simplifies and expedites instrument selection, crucial given the vast collection of sounds now included with Finale.
– Transposed note entry – When inputting music into transposed staves, Finale now plays the transposed pitch on entry as well as during playback.
– ReWire support – Synchronizes Finale playback with other pro-level audio software.
– Improved Human Playback – The processing required to make notation play as if humans are performing it now responds instantly when the play button is pressed.
– Large time signatures – Creating very tall time signatures (popular in large scores) has been made easy.
– Contoured Dashed Slurs – While Finale has always had a dashed curve, an additional contoured dash slur has been added due to popular publisher requests.
What’s new in MakeMusic Finale 25.4:
– Round Corners. The Round Corners checkbox and Corner Radius field have been added to the Enclosure Designer dialog box and the Standard Frame dialog box. Use these options to round corners for enclosures that surround expressions, text repeats, text created with the Text tool, and measure numbers.
– Key Signature Cancellation. The When Switching Between Sharps and Flats checkbox has been added to the Document Options – Key Signatures dialog box. When unchecked, canceling naturals are not displayed when moving between sharp and flat keys such as Bb to G or F to D.
– Audio Devices. (Windows Only) When Finale starts up without an enabled audio device, a dialog box appears to inform users that playback will not work and allows them to enable a device from the Audio Setup dialog box. See No Enabled Audio Devices dialog box.
– Audio Unit Instrument Presets.(MacOsx Only) When selecting an Audio Unit instrument from the Audio Units Banks & Effects dialog box, presets can now be selected by using the Preset popup menu in the Audio Unit Viewer dialog box.
– MusicXML 3.1. MusicXML 3.0 has been updated to MusicXML 3.1. When translating a folder of Finale files to uncompressed MusicXML 3.1 files, the .musicxml file extension is now used. In addition to the new file extension, the following has been improved between MusicXML 3.1 export and import:
. Arrowhead symbols
. Circled noteheads
. Dynamics such as n, pf, and sfzp symbols
. Hidden ledger lines
. Enclosures with more than 4 sides
. Expressions or text blocks that contain a mix of Maestro text and symbols
. Parenthesized accidental marks
. Unexpected Maestro symbols used for articulations
. Distinction between Finale’s two default percussion clefs (rectangle and vertical lines)
MakeMusic Finale 25.4 Bug Fixes:
Finale 25.4 also includes many bug fixes. We’ve highlighted a few below.
– Launching Finale by double-clicking on a Finale file on an external drive no longer produces an authorization error message.
– Finale now launches successfully on systems which also have ProTools 12 installed.
– Fixed crashes that could occur when specific Simple and Speedy Entry keyboard shortcuts were invoked.
– Repaired truncated text in impacted dialog boxes.
– N-up printing scaling has been restored.
– Setting the audio buffer size to 32 no longer produces a crash.
About MakeMusic Inc.
MakeMusic, Inc., is a world leader in music technology. Our products include Finale, the world’s best-selling music notation software; Garritan, the leading provider of quality virtual software instruments; MusicXML, the standard open format for exchanging digital sheet music; and SmartMusic, interactive software featuring the world’s largest accompaniment library.
Product: MakeMusic Finale
Supported Architectures: x64
Website Home Page :
System Requirements: PC / MacOsx
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7even and above / MacOsx 10.10-10.12